PGG Wrightson accepts electronic signatures on customer account documents and some contracts.
Before signing and submitting your documents, make sure you have read and follow our guide to using electronic signatures to avoid document rejection.
1. How to sign
PGW accepts the following digital or electronic signatures:
- Sign on glass signature on an iPad or stylus PLUS evidence of ID for new and existing customers
- Any other dynamic versions of a manuscript signature eg mouse PLUS evidence of ID for new and existing customers
- Signing using recognised document signing software eg Docusign signatures PLUS evidence of ID for new and existing customers
Note - Acceptable ID is a valid driver’s licence or passport. The signature will be verified against the signature on the ID therefore they must match.
2. How not to sign
PGW does NOT accept the following digital or electronic signatures:
- An image of a signature that is simply inserted into a document (by cut and paste)
- Typing a name or signature unless there is a date and time stamp on the signature placed by the software programme used to be create the signature.
3. Emailing the document to PGW
The document must be emailed in by the person signing from their email address. If more than one person is signing, all other people signing must also confirm by email from their own email address that they have signed electronically and applied their signature themselves.
4. Keep your details secure
PGW is not responsible for safeguarding your authentication credentials or managing any delegations that you authorise.
If possible, please use e-signing tools that verify your e-signature’s authenticity eg by the signature creation software applying a unique code that is verifiable by an online verification tool.
6. E-Sign Stamps
If possible, please use e-signing tools that place a date and time stamp on the signature when creating the signature.
If you alter the document or information after it has been signed by you or someone else, the change must be detectable and sent back to the person who already signed for counter-signing.
8. Witness signatures to electronic signatures (eg for guarantees)
PGW needs an email from the witness sent to firstname.lastname@example.org recording that they witnessed the person signing apply their signature to the document at either a physical or video meeting, noting that the person they witnessed signing has signed by hand, or has signed electronically.