Add value to your Wool business
Servicing the Wool Industry, adding value from farm to market.
When it comes to greatest knowledge and expertise, PGG Wrightson is the first name in New Zealand wool.
As New Zealand’s leading wool broker and handler, PGG Wrightson Wool handles and markets a significant volume of the New Zealand wool clip annually, exporting wool direct to manufacturers and spinners worldwide by coordinating supply contracts direct with wool growers. We handle and market all types of wool using a variety of sales methods including auction, private sale and forward contracts.
We operate four processing centres throughout New Zealand located at Napier, Christchurch, Mosgiel and Invercargill. Our nationwide team of wool specialists provides a comprehensive range of high-quality services to our grower clients and to international and local wool processors.
Our wool representatives located throughout New Zealand provide these services including on-farm assistance, in-store wool handling and expert processing to meet the exacting standards of select vertical wool manufacturing markets. We also work with key customers to secure wool from private sales. Our experienced team of wool experts around the country work together to source wool and find markets to sell into.
We offer the following services year round, to promote optimum wool production and to ensure our ability to present first-class lines of New Zealand wool to buyers and processors worldwide:
- On farm assistance with ram selection, stock management and animal nutrition
- Expert advice regarding woolshed preparation and shearing guidelines
- Bale cartage, wool handling and efficient storage ahead of sale
- Binning, interlotting and wool testing to meet exacting standards
- Wool sale by auction, private sale or forward contract
- Seamless door-to-door transport and shipping facilities
- Development and coordination of ongoing supply contracts
- Dissemination of market intelligence to all relevant parties