PGG Wrightson are one of New Zealand’s largest sellers of deer velvet and operate a network of 67 depots, located within our retail store network.
Join us in marketing your velvet to world markets and benefit from:
- Secure processes for full payment back to suppliers
- Experienced seller/exporters, nationwide team of agents and skilled graders
- Consolidated velvet to meet buyer requirements
- Informative updates
- Long, established reputation within the market.
Velvet Sale Options
- Payment Schedule (PS)
Weekly grading and payment within 7 business days of sale to be sold at PGG Wrightson’s discretion
- Own Sale
Larger lines graded and sold in keeping with supplier preferences and sold at PGG Wrightson’s discretion or suppliers instructions
Stored as ungraded (no charges until sold)
Our velvet procurement responsibilities include:
- Adhere to the DINZ and MPI standards for storage and transportation of deer velvet i.e. protect the image of our product
- Manage the relationship with velvet producers to ensure requirements are met at a satisfactory level
- To apply service level standards for both PGG Wrightson staff and procurement agents.
View the PGG Wrightson Velvet terms and conditions of supply.
PGG Wrightson Velvet is proud to be a principal sponsor of the National Velvet Competition and is involved in many other velvet competitions held annually around New Zealand.
- Rounded tops and tips are best
- Please ensure velvet is frozen promptly without denting
- Veltrak tags on all 1st cut velvet, regrowth and spiker tag the bag
- Our bags have a maximum weight of 20 kg
- All velvet must be received frozen
- Supplier charges are $5/kg & 3.95%
- Reduced charges on HA1, HA2 and Buttons
- New Zealand Industry Agreed velvet grading guidelines >
- Elk/Wapiti velvet grading guidelines >
With prompt information a priority for farmers, we now have the option of emailed grading sheets and credit notes. If you wish to have your grading emailed instead of waiting for snail mail, please let us know at email@example.com.