The aim of Young Horticulturist of the Year competition is to encourage young people in horticulture to further develop their skills and knowledge and to increase the opportunities for long term careers in the industry.
The competition is the culmination of six industry competitions:
- Young Grower of the Year
- Young Amenity Horticulturist
- Young Landscaper of the Year
- Young Viticulturist of the Year
- Floriculture NZ Flower Growers National Competition
- Nursery & Garden Industry Association of NZ Young Achiever
The winners of the above competitions go on to compete for the title of Young Horticulturist of the Year at the grand final.
Fruitfed Supplies is proud to be a competition partner, encouraging excellence and achievement by the industry’s up and coming young people. Look for issues of Fruitfed Facts for in-depth articles of the competition.