Energizer battery maintenance
To maximise the life of your energizer battery, there are a few things to consider:
- Choose the correct size battery for your system.
- House the battery in a suitable battery box if the battery is likely to be exposed to the weather.
- Inspect the battery regularly to ensure that the battery electrolyte level does not fall below 12 mm (½”) above the surface of the battery plates.
- The use of de-ionised, distilled or rain water is recommended to top up the battery electrolyte level.
- Recharge a discharged battery as soon as possible.
- Store spare batteries completely charged and recharge at regular intervals (every 8 weeks).
- Avoid subjecting batteries to temperature extremes < -10° C (14° F) or >50° C (120° F).