This part time Introductory Farming Skills course is designed to provide basic agriculture skills.
This course will be of great value to:
• Anyone new to small block farming
• Anyone without previous experience in the agriculture industry
Topics included are:
• Livestock grazing
• Livestock handling
• Livestock Health and treatment
• Hazard identification and control
• Consequences of injury in a rural workplace
• Safe work practices
• Knowledge related to animal welfare
• Physical wellbeing of agriculture workers
• The safe operation of agricultural vehicles
Successful learners will be awarded a National Certificate in Agriculture (Introductory Skills) (L2).
Fee and Enrolment Information
This course is approved for New Zealand Domestic Students. Please contact Agriculture New Zealand for details regarding eligibility to enrol, and for course fees in your area.
For more information call 0800 4 SKILLS (0800 475 455) or email email@example.com