Do you enjoy the outdoors and working with animals? Are you interested in working in the Dairy Industry? YES? The Agriculture New Zealand Go Dairying course is for you!
Dairy farming provides excellent career opportunities and our full time Go Dairying Programme is designed to help you get started in the dairy industry. You will graduate with a comprehensive skill set in milk harvesting which combined with the right attitude will make you a highly sought after employee. Once employed, you will be able to fast-track your career with on-going education and training.
Our Go Dairying Programme is suitable for:
• People with no previous dairy experience who want to enter the dairy farming industry
• Students who have completed our Introductory Rural Skills programme
• People with some previous experience looking for a refresher course to update their knowledge and refresh their skills
Modules covered include:
• Knowledge of the dairy industry
• Keeping yourself safe on farm around animals, machinery, and other on-farm hazards
• Milking, maintaining hygiene, milk quality and animal welfare
• Assist with identifying milk quality problems and implementing solutions
• Clean the milking plant and farm dairy to maintain optimum milk quality
• Assist with dairy effluent management
• Assist with maintenance of the milking plant and equipment
During the course you will learn to communicate effectively and set goals for yourself, as well as enhance your ability to live and work with others. These skills will help set you up for your dairy farming career.
Course Start and Location
Commences in February - 23 week course, in Waikato and Manawatu.
The course starts with an introductory block, then progresses to a mix of classroon tutorials combined with workplace training. Classroom tutorials ensure you understand the theory behind the skills you will be developing on farm with your workplace trainer. Your workplace trainer will provide a supportive learning environment to help develop your skills and knowledge in Dairying. You will be assessed on theory and practical components of the Go Dairying course.
Go Dairying is a positive step towards your career in dairy farming. On completion, successful graduates may be offered employment on their workplace training farm. The dairy industry has an excellent career structure and your career could include herd management, farm management, contract milking or sharemilking. If you are offered employment during your training, you can continue to study with Agriculture New Zealand until you gain your level 3 qualification. Ongoing study options with the PrimaryITO are then available.
Fee and Enrolment Information
This course is approved for New Zealand Domestic Students, you may be eligible for a student allowance and/or loan through StudyLink. Contact us for details regarding your eligibility to enrol. Course fees are $1800.00 (GST incl).
Interested?.. download the Registration Form, complete and return to our National Office. You will then be contacted by the Course Tutor. Applications close soon.
Click here to Download Registration Form
Click here to Download Printable Brochure
If you want quality training, you want Agriculture New Zealand! For more information or to apply, contact us now!
0800 4 SKILLS (0800 475 455) or email firstname.lastname@example.org