Our Applied Organics program builds on the knowledge and skills acquired on the Level 3 course. It will appeal to all those seeking advanced knowledge of organic production systems.
This course will be of great value to:
• Commercial growers
• Farmers and rural entrepreneurs – especially those who wish to gain
Topics covered include:
• An overview of the industry in New Zealand
• Organic standards and organic certification
• Strategies to maintain organic fidelity
• Developing an integrated weed, pest and disease management plan (IPM in practice)
• Developing a sustainable soil management programme
• Post-harvest handling, storage and transport of organic produce
A range of electives allows specific industry focus. These topics include:
• Making liquid fertilisers
• Pruning of fruit crops
• Soil health assessment
• Seed saving and storing
• Seed Propagation
Qualification and Further Opportunities
Successful Students will gain 68 credits (a minimum of 40 credits at Level 4); will be awarded a National or Local Certificate and may progress into employment in the Organic Industry or use the skills and knowledge they have gained to develop their own enterprise.
Fee and Enrolment Information
This course is approved for New Zealand Domestic Students and may be delivered in partnership with your local Polytechnic. Please contact Agriculture New Zealand for details regarding eligibility to enrol, and for course fees in your area.
Click Here to Download a Brochure
Contact us for details regarding eligibility to enrol, and for course fees in your area - call 0800 4 SKILLS (0800 475 455) or email email@example.com